Please join the American Revolution Round Table of Richmond
Great Bridge Battlefield
Saturday, April 28, 2012, at 10 AM
103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA
The Great Bridge Battlefield and Waterways History Foundation and the ARRT-Richmond have scheduled a tour of the Great Bridge Battlefield, scene of the December 9, 1775 contest between patriot forces and those of Lord Dunmore, British Royal Governor of Virginia. Come learn the results! Here are the tour details:
- Everyone is responsible for their own transportation to the site (see information below). Car pooling is encouraged.
- Cost is a $12 donation to the Foundation. Checks can be made payable to GBB&WHF. Payment is due the day of the tour.
- The tour will take about one and a quarter hours.
- It's a walking tour, but the park is not that large and there are benches scattered throughout.
- Everything is wheelchair accessible.
- Group size limited to 50.
- Tour is open to all, not just ARRT-Richmond members.
- If planning to attend, you must send an email to email@example.com to reserve a spot. The Foundation will be preparing information for attendees, hence an accurate count is important. Your email will be acknowledged.
The Foundation offices are located on Mapquest at 103 Watson Road, Chesapeake, VA 23320. The building is called “Open Roads Consulting” and is located across Watson Road (a very tiny, 100 foot road). Drive down the long driveway on the right to access the Historic Park parking. There are about 20 spaces available in the park, and guests are also welcome to park in the Open Roads parking lot. For more information on the battlefield: http://www.gbbattlefield.org/
Please join us for an informative morning of Virginia Revolutionary War history.
Post a Comment