You may also wish to attend Fort Ticonderoga’s Annual Seminar on the American Revolution. You must register for the Seminar directly with Fort Ticonderoga. Below is information on the Seminar:
Tenth Annual Seminar on the American Revolution
September 20-22, 2013
Fort Ticonderoga hosts the Tenth Annual Seminar on the American Revolution September 20-22, 2013, in the Deborah Clarke Mars Education Center. This weekend seminar focuses on the military, political, and social history of the American War for Independence.
Over 100 participants—people with a deep interest in the American Revolution—join us each year for this weekend seminar. Leading authorities and new scholars on the period share their latest research in a series of presentations. The Seminar provides participants with an opportunity to listen to and interact with the presenters in an informal, relaxed atmosphere. Participation is limited and is by pre-registration only.
2013 Speakers to date:
· Alexander Cain, independent historian, on Loyalists in the Champlain Valley,
· Stephen Case and Mark Jacob, authors, on Peggy Shippen.
· Douglas Cubbison, author, on Burgoyne’s Saratoga Campaign 1777.
· William Fowler, Northeastern University, on the “American Crisis” in 1782 & 1783.
· Phil Mead, Harvard University, on Joseph Plumb Martin.
· Benjamin Smith, Patriots of the American Revolution magazine, on following the Knox Trail.
· Aaron Sullivan, Temple University, on the British occupation of Philadelphia 1777-78.
· William J. Troppman, Valley Forge National Historical Park, on chaplains in the Revolution.
For more information go to: